- In accordance with contract specifications, maintain client’s sites in a clear, functional and hazard free condition, free of ice & snow at all times.
- Ensure all ice melting products used, are applied in a responsible manner to prevent over application or property damage & in accordance with product specifications & materials as requested by client. E.g. (Landscape Choice or Rock Salt)
- Satisfy the expressed needs and concerns of clients as well as resolve any complaints.
- Direct & perform the work in an efficient manner through effective supervision and organization of personnel to avoidance delays in the performance of the work and appropriate application of materials.
- In addition, ensure maintenance of assigned vehicles/equipment is performed and these items are used in an effective & safe manner.
- Perform & direct the work at the minimum possible cost to the company
- Ensure all work is complete & performed in a safe manner.
- Prepared to respond to any snow & ice event 24 hours a day / 7 days a week
- Monitor weather conditions, media and airport weather reports on an ongoing basis throughout the winter season.
- Alert all assigned personnel in advance of any forecasted adverse weather conditions to occur when there is the potential they will be called upon to respond.
- Overnight, visually monitor actual weather conditions occurring & if necessary visit assigned sites to determine actual site conditions.
- Alert the operations manager & other area supervisors in the event of inclement weather.
- Call out appropriate service personnel as needed to address existing conditions. Plow trucks, sidewalk crews, salt trucks, or loader equipment.
- Pre start & inspect assigned on site equipment upon commencing operations & on arrival of operator to insure equipment will start, fluid levels are checked & adjusted, & equipment is prepared for operation.
- Co Ordinate & direct all plow trucks, sidewalk crews, salt trucks, or loader equipment as necessary to perform and complete the work correctly & efficiently on all sites assigned.
- Control hours worked by personnel & Sub-Contractors to avoid unnecessary expenses by evenly distributing available hours of work.
- Monitor and control material usage (bulk & bagged material) to minimize waste and over application on pedestrian & vehicle surfaces.
- Monitor on site material inventories (bag material, fuel & supplies) and ensure these are re supplied as necessary (minimum every 2nd snow event).
- Ensure all drivers/operators perform circle checks on vehicles assigned, & test the operation of all equipment before loading equipment & materials prior to commencing any snow & ice removal operation or departure from yard.
- Ensure all drivers at the end of each snow & ice removal event, refuel, check fluid levels, wash, & clean out garbage from cabs, including offloading of materials & inspection of boxes to verify box is completely empty of all material. **This also includes on site equipment (Sidewalk & Loaders)
- Thorough understanding of all procedures necessary to remove snow & ice from vehicle & asphalt surfaces
- Thorough understanding of vehicle & equipment capabilities to remove snow & ice from vehicle & asphalt surfaces
- Ability to coordinate, organize and direct multiple snow removal units for the purpose of removing snow & ice from all vehicle & pedestrian surface areas.
- Ability to start, operate, service, & trouble shoot problems, including carrying out minor repairs on all assigned Company vehicles, & equipment, such vehicles & equipment include pick up plow trucks, skid steers, loaders, salt trucks , & sidewalk equipment.
- Ability to assist sub-contractors & company personnel when minor mechanical problems arise.
This posting is only for clients who have registered with the Employment Service Program. If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Order # in the subject line.