Job Order #:
Rate of pay:
$14.00 – $18.00 based on experience
Full time-Monday to Friday 7am to 5pm or 7p.m.
- Each landscape construction crew is structured and staffed to function as a self-supporting independent unit, much the same way as a small independent contractor with 2-5 employees. While the crew foreperson has overall responsibility for crew performance, production, and profitability, the skilled labour assists the Foreperson/Lead Hand in achieving the overall objectives in completing the required tasks set out by the Foreperson and in compliance of contract specifications.
- Follow all Safety Rules, Company Policies and Procedures.
- Carry out all work assigned efficiently, productively and in a manner, which reflects the company’s commitment to quality, service and job safety.
- Regard work as a learning experience and opportunity to develop personal skills.
- Follow a personal code of conduct which reflects pride, concern for the property and physical wellbeing of others and commitment to the company ideals to quality and service in everything we do.
- Execute Foreman’s instructions (or Lead Hand’s instructions during the Foreman’s absence) efficiently or productively.
- Maintain assigned tools, equipment and vehicles in good working order and appearance,
- Before operating any motorized equipment, perform safety checks, check oil/lubrication levels to ensure full.
- Immediately report any injuries or damages to Client’s property, equipment, vehicles or tools to Foreman.
- Immediately bring to the Foreperson’s attention, any unsafe work condition, hazards or required repairs which exist on the job or that which may be associated with any vehicle or piece of equipment.
- Assist Foreperson in client communication through directing any client enquiries to your Foreperson in a polite and friendly manner.
- Assist Foreman in client communication through directing any client enquiries to Foreman in a polite and friendly manner
- Work cooperatively and assist fellow crew members and employees at all times.
- 3 years of experience in landscape maintenance
- Good verbal and written skills
- Valid "G" Class Drivers' license preferred
- Knowledge of excavation, backfilling and compaction.
- Knowledge of lawn installation and maintenance.
- Ability to identify plant material including trees, shrubs, ground covers, roses, perennials, annuals and bulbs.
- Knowledge of planting procedures for trees, shrubs, ground covers, roses, perennials, annuals and bulbs.
- Knowledge of pre-cast pavement installation including interlocking patios, walks, driveways, concrete curbing and pre-cast slabs, planters and related products.
- Knowledge of pre-cast and timber construction for retaining walls, planters, steps. etc.
- Ability to operate various types of landscape construction equipment, tools and vehicles used by the construction department.
- Ability to carry out all in house vehicle and equipment maintenance and service.
- Knowledge of Ministry of Transport regulations with respect to driver’s license requirements, maintenance, and use of all vehicles and equipment used by the landscape crews.