Job Order #:
Rate of pay:
$14.00 – $18.00 based on experience
Full time-Monday to Friday 7am to 5pm or 7p.m.
- Each maintenance crew is structured and staffed to function as a self-supporting independent unit, much the same way as a small independent contractor with 2-5 employees. While the crew foreperson has the overall responsibility for crew performance, production, and profitability, the lead hand closely assists the Foreperson in achieving the overall objectives in completing the required tasks set out by the Operations Manager and in compliance of contract specifications.
- Follow all Safety Rules, Company Policies and Procedures.
- Assist the Foreperson to achieve compliance from crew members regarding Safety Rules, Company Policies and Procedures.
- Immediately bring to the Foreperson’s attention, any unsafe work condition, hazards or required repairs which exist on the job or that may be associated with any vehicle or piece of equipment.
- In the absence of the Foreperson as a result of meetings, getting equipment repaired, illness, vacation, etc.; the lead hand shall assume the role of Foreperson in the Foreman’s absence and is responsible to direct and manage all crew members in the completion of the work assigned to the crew.
- Participate in all work assigned to complete the tasks safely and in accordance with production and workmanship standards defined by the Company and as directed by the Crew Foreperson.
- Minimize the cost of labor, equipment, material and supplies assigned to the crew and ensures these are utilized in an efficient, productive, non-abusive or wasteful manner by exhibiting proper regard for safe use, and proper operation.
- Assist the Foreperson in coaching crew members of proper operating procedures for all vehicles and equipment and achieving productivity goals and workmanship standards to ensure Company/customer satisfaction.
- Responsible to perform minor repairs, safety checks, routine maintenance and service requirements on all vehicles and equipment.
- Report to the Foreperson any major repairs or overhauls required and follow instruction.
- Report to the Foreperson, any vehicle or equipment service work performed that is not satisfactorily completed.
- 5 years of experience in landscape maintenance
- Valid 'G' class driver's license
- Thorough knowledge of landscape maintenance practices and techniques.
- Excellent ability to operate all types of landscape maintenance equipment, tools and vehicles.
- Excellent knowledge of safe operating practices.
- Excellent knowledge of vehicle and equipment maintenance and service.
- Good mechanical skills
- Good knowledge of plant material including annuals.
- Good knowledge of plant care and maintenance.
- Good knowledge of pruning techniques.
- Good knowledge of weed identification.
- Good verbal and written skills.