- Collaborate with management and other key staff on a daily basis.
- Read and understand a work order, as well as how to follow through on all instructions/specifications to fill a work order.
- Set up a slitting machine. Set up a core cutting machine and cut cores.
- Package goods, once complete. Keep a neat and tidy work area, free of debris.
- Dispose of all waste in and around work area in appropriate waste disposal units.
- Report any inventory/ supplies needed in daily production of goods.
- If necessary, perform duties, responsibilities and follow procedures of sheeter operator.
- If necessary, perform duties, responsibilities and follow procedures of shipper/receiver.
- Assist others and resolve problems within your department.
- The working knowledge of each machine and their capabilities.
- Recognize safety concerns, in both production and warehouse areas and report to management.
- Respond to last minute decisions and follow through.
- Any other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by Management.
- Ability to perform all aspects of production of goods.
- Ability to work long side a fully trained Slitter Operator and as a team.
- Basic knowledge of machinery.
- Excellent math skills.
- Ability to effectively read measurements, both weight and linear, Imperial and Metric.
- Ability to effectively convert measurements, from Imperial to Metric (visa versa), both weight and linear.
- Ability to respond to last minute decisions and follow through.
- Ability to effectively communicate, in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Must have full range of body movements, including the use of his/ her hands to handle, and feel objects such as material, gauges, etc.
- The ability to lift heavy objects
This posting is only for clients who have registered with the Employment Service Program. If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Order # in the subject line.