Job Order #:
Rate of pay:
$14.00 – $18.00 based on experience
Full time-Monday to Friday 7am to 5pm or 7p.m.
- Assist the Operations Manager in completion of the Company’s contractual obligations by effective organization, advance planning, coordination and completion of the tasks required which also includes the Foreman’s actual participation and involvement to complete the tasks assigned.
- Responsible for the supervision of all crew members assigned and the management of all grounds maintenance activities necessary on sites assigned; to maintain an acceptable standard of workmanship, providing customer satisfaction and re tension.
- Ability to provide the company with a 30% gross rate of return on sales revenue before overhead expenses; by controlling all costs directly associated in performing the work assigned involving labour, fuel, equipment repair and maintenance, supplies, tools, disposal etc.
- During the winter months assumes the responsibilities of a ‘Site or an Area Field Supervisor’ overseeing snow removal activities involving the management of vehicles, equipment, manpower and sub-contractors as necessary to ensure an acceptable level of service is provided to sites assigned within the area of responsibility.
- Follow all Safety Rules, Company Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure all employees are complying with Safety Rules, Company Policies and Procedures.
- Provide coaching, mentoring and direction to all crew members involving operating procedures in the field and for all vehicles and equipment to achieve productivity and workmanship which meets Company and client expectations.
- Minimize the cost of all labour, equipment, sub-contractors, materials and supplies under his direct control and supervision in a manner that is consistent with fair labour and business practices, and proper care for safety.
- Manage any relationships with employees, owners / clients through good public relations and communication practices.
- Maintain quality by following service and operating procedures involving maintenance specifications established by the company.
- Explain accepted practices and installation procedures to all crewmembers on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure all required paper work such as (time sheets, work orders, packing slips, bills, etc.) are accurate, complete and submitted on time.
- Consult with Operations Manager involving discipline action involving crewmembers. Once discussion has been made follow Discipline Policies and Procedures. All documentation involved must be forwarded to Human Resources to be recorded in the employee’s file.
- Notify immediately to the Operations Manager the need to replace personnel who cannot perform to company standards following appropriate training and counselling.
- Assess training needs of crew members, complete training forms, oversee training until complete and insure all documentation is submitted to the Human Resources Department.
- Report to the Operations Manager any specialized skills, material, or similar needs required to maintain job efficiency.
- Ensures routine vehicle, equipment maintenance work and safety checks are carried out on all assigned equipment in accordance with schedules set by the Company or the Operations Manager and ensure all defects are repaired.
- Immediately repair or arrange for repair, correction, or elimination of any hazard on the job or associated with any vehicle or piece of equipment or within the company premises.
- Report to the Operations Manager any major repairs or overhauls required and follows his instructions.
- Report to the Operations Manager any vehicle or equipment repaired by outside suppliers that is not repaired satisfactorily and takes action to have these corrected.
- 5 years' experience in landscape maintenance
- 3 years' experience in a supervisory role
- Valid G or DZ class driver's license
- Excellent knowledge of landscape maintenance practices and techniques.
- Good knowledge of plant material including annuals and perennials.
- Good knowledge of plant care and maintenance.
- Excellent knowledge of pruning techniques.
- Good knowledge of how to lay out and install annual flowers and bulbs.
- Good knowledge of insect/disease identification.
- Good knowledge of weed identification including grasses.
- Good knowledge of pesticides.
- Good knowledge of planting techniques.
- Good knowledge of various types of sprinkler heads and controllers.
- Excellent knowledge and ability to operate all types of landscape maintenance equipment, tools and vehicles.
- Excellent knowledge of vehicle and equipment maintenance and service.
- Excellent knowledge of snow removal operations, equipment and techniques.
- Good mechanical skills.
- Excellent supervisory skills.
- Good verbal and written skills.