Employment Service is a year-round program for unemployed individuals. Program participants receive access to the agency resource centre services including training workshops, one-on-one pre-employment counselling and job placements. We also provide participants with support to keep their jobs.
- Training: Program participants receive access to Tropicana Employment Centre training workshops.
- Job Placements: Program participants may be offered a job placement.
- One-on-one Employment Counselling: Employment counsellors assist with job-related activities. This may include career planning, job search, resume and cover letter preparation, interview skills and job maintenance.
- Job Trials: Job trials allow program participants to work in a job for a few days. This gives the employer and the participant the opportunity to determine whether or not it is a good fit and if they are interested to pursue a full-time position. While on a job trial, clients are typically paid directly by TEC.
- Training Support: The program offers training support in the form of transit fare, interview clothing, tools for jobs, if required, and other necessities to find and sustain employment.
- Other Support: Other support may include, but is not limited to, assistance with housing, social assistance, disability supports, education and literacy programs or other training.
How to Register
To register for Employment Service, please bring your resume, SIN card, and photo identification to TEC. Please arrive at least two hours before the office closes in order to allow sufficient time for the intake assessment.
In order to speed up the registration process, please print, complete, and bring the Participant Information Form with you.